Who we are
Free Candie is a personal weblog and travelogue, owned and operated by Candice Walsh. All writings and opinions are her own, unless otherwise stated. This policy applies to the website administered by Candice Walsh of Free Candie at http://www.freecandie.com (“Website”).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What third parties we receive data from
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, we may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on FreeCandie.com. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. This Website has anonymized the data collection from Google Analytics so it is not personally identifiable.
- MailChimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. MailChimp stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s sole discretion.
How we use your data
The Website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Who we share your data with
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into Free Candie. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Sensitive Personal Information
We have made every effort to ensure that all information on the Website has been tested for accuracy. Free Candie makes no guarantees regarding the results that you will see from using the information provided on the Website.
Free Candie was developed strictly for informational purposes. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your use of the information provided on the Website. Free Candie makes no representations, warranties or guarantees. You understand that results may vary from person to person. Free Candie assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in the Website.
Free Candie (Candice Walsh) owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on the Website. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication;
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from the Website;
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on the Website for commercial purposes;
- Modification of any content on this website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification;
- Redistribution of content of the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to the Website is included.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including, but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting on or in relation to the Website.
You must not use the Website to transmit or send any unsolicited commercial communications.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
(Updated May 23, 2018.)