I just got back from a whirlwind three-day roadtrip with Ms. Cailin Oâ€™Neil. Sheâ€™s been carting my unexercised ass all over the place, putting up with my overdramatic screams on the Confederation Bridge and my insane laughter when finding roadside oddities, like giant blueberry monuments and a museum entirely dedicated to Anne Murray. So tonight after dropping me off at Joâ€™s, I sat on the couch kinda lost for a few minutes with a laptop opened in front of me.
Then I texted her, â€œI misses you.â€
She replied, â€œYou left your sneakers in my car.â€
Anyway, we went to Guysborough to be guests of Doug at the Des Barres Manor Inn on the Authentic Sea Coast, and then decided to jaunt over to Prince Edward Island. More detailed posts about those later, the whole thing was spontaneous and wonderful.
Itâ€™s been a month of firsts, my friends. Big firsts and little firsts. Or are all firsts big firsts? Iâ€™m not sure, itâ€™s the first time Iâ€™ve questioned it.
Hereâ€™s to giving the world a giant middle finger and living for once.
1. First ever roadtrip.
2. First time tidal bore rafting trip.
3. First time riding a roller coaster (yes, it was wooden, and lasted for 30 seconds, but itâ€™s a start).
4. First time ever enjoying myself at a theme park.
5. First time visiting New Brunswick.
6. First time visiting Prince Edward Island.
7. First time visiting Cape Breton Island.
8. First time plotting a real business and hatching plans (shhh).
9. First time driving a golf cart.
10. First time driving across the monstrosity of an architectural feat known as the Confederation Bridge.
11. First time eating clam strips. I asked the waitress, â€œWhat are clam strips?â€ She stared at me and said, â€œStrips of clam.â€
12. First time in Peggyâ€™s Cove and Lunenburg.
Oh yes, Iâ€™m conquering my fears, no matter how trivial. Except for the spider thing, that can wait.
How ready am I to be my own boss and work location independently? So ready, oh yes.
Don’t forget to vote for me in the Get Rid of Me contest of a lifetime! You can vote more than once per day. Good karma!