1. My first time ever leaving Newfoundland was less than 3 years ago – Yep, I finally said, “This is bullshit”, took out a student line of credit, and spent a semester in Harlow, England. I’m suffering financially for it now, but damn, it was a great experience for a first-time traveller.
2. Up until July 2009, I had never been anywhere else in Canada – It’s true, Ottawa, Ontario was my first time seeing any of Canada outside my province. I learned to appreciate Newfoundland more, and decided I wanted to see more of my own country.
3. I’m a nervous flier – I never was, at all. I actually thoroughly enjoyed my first several flights, but now every time I get on a plane I’m filled with a “OMG THESE ARE MY LAST FEW HOURS ON EARTH” fear.
4. Meeting people from online terrifies me sometimes – It’s hard not to let those insecurities creep in. Despite my insanely busy social life, I’m pretty awkward, and weird stuff happens to me all the time. For example, a few months ago, a guy in a dumpster threw a muffin at me. It just happens. Anyway, preconceived ideas of people are rarely accurate, and pretty stressful.
5. I’m a huge Classics nerds – Hence the Greek Islands being number one on my bucket list. I want to sail around in a giant boat and frolic with Greek men.
6. Men only love me overseas – I have dozens of guy friends here in St. John’s, but nobody is interested in me until I leave the city. Then I have to fend them off with pepper spray and drunk googly eyes.
7. Cailin O’Neil and I are partying our faces off all weekend – Ok, so maybe that’s not a secret, but I’ve run out. It’s hard to share secrets when my entire blog is based on honesty and not giving a shit about what people think of you. Ironically, I’ve discovered that my roommate’s family has been reading this blog, which sent me into bit of a censorship freak-out for awhile there. Anyway, I’ve been plotting this great Newfoundland experience for Ms. O’Neil, and wouldn’t you know that basically it all boils down to a keg party, a pubcrawl, and a brewery tour? Perhaps with a little bit of culture, like the Signal Hill hike. Oh, and cod tongues, or cheeks, whichever we can find first.
I’m supposed to tag some people to do this, but tag yourself! It’s Friday night and I’m doing laundry, I ain’t got time to spare.